Terms of Service
In the following "BackupBob", "We", "Our" & "Us"
includes BackupBob.com c/o Unica Net ApS of: Karlslunde Strandvej 76, 2690 Karlslunde, Denmark.
BackupBob is an online storage service that allows members to store files online,
access them remotely, share them with other BackupBob Users and publish them on
The services offered by BackupBob include the www.BackupBob.com website and other
websites operated by BackupBob (the "BackupBob Websites"), the BackupBob
software applications and any other features, content, or applications offered from
time to time by BackupBob in connection with the BackupBob Websites (collectively,
the "BackupBob Services").
This Terms of Service Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the legally binding
terms for your use of the BackupBob Services. By using the BackupBob Services, you
agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a "Visitor" (which
means that you simply browse the BackupBob Websites for instance to access content
shared by other members) or you are a "Member" (which means that you have
registered with BackupBob).
The term "User" refers to a Visitor or a Member.
You are only authorized to use the BackupBob Services if you agree to abide by all
applicable laws and to this Agreement.
Please read this Agreement carefully and save it.
If you do not agree with it, you should leave the BackupBob Websites and discontinue
use of the BackupBob Services immediately.
If you wish to become a Member, share data with other Members and make use of the
BackupBob Services, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during
the registration process.
BackupBob may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall
be effective upon posting by BackupBob on the BackupBob Websites.
BackupBob will inform Members by email about such modifications. If you do not agree
with such modification you have the right to terminate your membership with BackupBob.
You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the BackupBob
Services after the modification has been posted for at least one month.
It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you
are updated as to any changes.
- Use Of The BackupBob Services
- Use of and Membership in the BackupBob Services is void where prohibited.
- By using the BackupBob Services, you represent and warrant that:
- all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such information;
- you are 18 years of age or older;
- your use of the BackupBob Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
You agree not to use the account or password of another Member at any time or to
disclose your password to any third party.
You agree to notify BackupBob immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of
your account or access to your password.
You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
- You will create, maintain and use only one Member account and password on the BackupBob
Websites per Membership.
- You will not use the BackupBob services in any manner which infringes any law or
regulation or which infringes the rights of any third party,
nor will you authorise or permit any other person to do so.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you will not use the BackupBob services for any
of the following activities:
- criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in
obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming,
sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement,
or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services
through the BackupBob Services.
You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members.
It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the BackupBob
Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without
their prior explicit consent;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or copy files;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the BackupBob Services
or the networks or services connected to the BackupBob Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing
your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your Membership;
- using any information obtained from the BackupBob Services in order to harass, abuse,
or harm another person;
- using the BackupBob Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable
laws and regulations;
- We shall use our reasonable endeavours to make available to you at all times the
BackupBob Services but we shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions to
or unavailability of the BackupBob Services.
- BackupBob reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, restrict, suspend,
or terminate your access to all or any part of the BackupBob Services at any time,
with or without prior notice.
- BackupBob does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos,
video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively,
"Content") that you upload to the BackupBob Services.
- You represent and warrant that your uploading any Content to the BackupBob Services
does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights
(including copyrights), contract rights or any other rights of any person.
You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person
by reason of any Content uploaded by you to the BackupBob Services.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you will not upload any Content to the BackupBob
- is patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any
kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities
or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work,
such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information
to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music
or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or
unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional
information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying
illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful
purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without Our prior written consent such
as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have uploaded without that person's
- By using the facilities of the BackupBob Services to make Content available to other
Users ("Shared Content"):
- you grant to BackupBob a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly
display, reproduce, and distribute your Shared Content on and through the BackupBob
The license you grant to BackupBob is non-exclusive, perpetual, fully-paid and royalty-free,
sub-licensable, and worldwide;
- you represent and warrant that you own the Shared Content or otherwise have the
right to grant the license set forth in this section;
- BackupBob may delete from the BackupBob Services any Content that in the sole judgment
of BackupBob violates this Agreement or which We deem inappropriate.
- BackupBob assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, loss,
deletion, defect, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of
any Content you upload to the BackupBob Services.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you upload to the BackupBob Services,
and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your
interactions with other Users. BackupBob does not endorse and has no control over
Content is not necessarily reviewed by BackupBob and does not necessarily reflect
the opinions or policies of BackupBob.
BackupBob makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy
and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit
to other Members.
- BackupBob assumes no responsibility for monitoring the BackupBob Services for inappropriate
Content or conduct. If at any time BackupBob chooses, in its sole discretion, to
monitor the BackupBob Services, BackupBob nonetheless assumes no responsibility
for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and
no responsibility for the conduct of the User uploading any such Content.
- The BackupBob Services contain Content of BackupBob ("BackupBob Content").
BackupBob Content is protected by copyright, trade secret and other laws, and BackupBob
owns and retains all rights in the BackupBob Content and the BackupBob Services.
BackupBob hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sub-licensable license to
reproduce and display the BackupBob Content (excluding any software code) solely
for your personal use in connection with viewing the BackupBob Website and using
the BackupBob Services.
Without limiting the foregoing: BackupBob assumes no ownership, copyright, liability
or responsibility in any way for service, product or intellectual property owned
by our business partners, vendors, affiliates or others.
- Copyright Policy
- You may not share, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material,
trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining
the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
It is the policy of BackupBob to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who
repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification
to BackupBob by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
- Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and
posted on the BackupBob Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement,
please provide Us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of
the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use
is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in
your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act
on the copyright owner's behalf.
- All charges payable by you for the BackupBob Services shall be in accordance with
the scale of charges and rates published from time to time by Us on Our web site,
errors and omissions excepted and shall be due and payable in advance of provision
of the BackupBob Services.
- We reserve the right to alter pricing including ceasing to offer elements of the
BackupBob Services free of charge at any time.
BackupBob will inform Members by email if the charge for a service is to be altered.
You can then decide if you want to continue to use such service.
Your continued use of the service after the proposed fee modification has been notified
will be considered acceptance of the proposed fee modification.
- Payment is due each anniversary month, quarter or year following the date the BackupBob
Services were established until closure notice is given in accordance with 6.2.
- All fees for our services are due in advance and your contract will automatically
renew on its anniversary month, quarter or year at which point fees for the following
month, quarter or year become payable. If you wish to cancel your contract with
BackupBob, you must do so in accordance with clauses 6.1 – 6.4 before the renewal
of your contract.
- If your Membership is terminated in accordance with 6.4, you will be entitled to
a pro rata refund based upon the remaining period of prepayment. You will not be
entitled to a refund under any other circumstances except 4.6.
Any refund will be issue to the same payment source used for the initial payment.
- BackupBob may, in its sole discretion, choose to, but is not obligated to, refund
your remaining prepaid amount upon your request for a refund.
- Free Trial Period
- Where services are offered on a ‘free trial’ basis payment will be taken for the
first month, quarter or year at the commencement of the free trial period.
- The renewal date for the contract shall be deemed to be one month, quarter or year
following the advertised free trial period.
- If you wish to cancel your contract during the free trial period you may do so in
accordance with clause 6.2 below.
- If you do not cancel your service prior to the end of the free trial period the
fees for the first month, quarter or year of your service will become due.
- Term and Termination
- This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the BackupBob
Services or are a Member. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will
remain in effect.
- You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason by sending an
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your customer number in order to prove you are the rightful owner
of the Membership account.
- BackupBob may suspend the provision of BackupBob Services to you and/or terminate
your Membership without notice to you if you:
- fail to pay any sums due to Us as they fall due.
- breach any term of this Agreement.
- are a company and you go into liquidation or suffer the appointment of an administrator
or administrative receiver or enter into a voluntary arrangement with your creditors.
- BackupBob reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend the provision of
BackupBob Services to you and/or terminate your Membership at any time, without
- Use of the BackupBob Services is also governed by Our
- You shall indemnify Us and keep Us indemnified and hold Us harmless from and against
any breach by you of this Agreement and any claim brought against Us by a third
party resulting from the provision of the BackupBob Services by Us to you and your
use of the BackupBob Services including, without limitation, all claims, actions,
proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable
legal costs and expenses), howsoever suffered or incurred by Us in consequences
of your breach or non-observance of any of the terms of this Agreement including
if any Content that you post on the BackupBob Websites or through the BackupBob
Services that causes BackupBob to be liable to another.
- Limitation of Liability
- BackupBob will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content uploaded
to the BackupBob Websites or in connection with the BackupBob Services, whether
caused by Users of the BackupBob Services or by any of the equipment or programming
associated with or utilized in the BackupBob Services.
- BackupBob is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone
network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment,
software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion
on the Internet or on any of the BackupBob Services or combination thereof.
- BackupBob is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, loss, deletion,
defect, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any Content
you upload to the BackupBob Services.
- The BackupBob Website may contain links to other websites. BackupBob is not responsible
for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites
are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by
Inclusion of any linked website on the BackupBob Services does not imply approval
or endorsement of the linked website by BackupBob.
When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
BackupBob takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted
on this BackupBob Website or through the BackupBob Services, nor does it take any
responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers.
- BackupBob is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any
User of the BackupBob Services.
- All conditions, terms, representations and warranties relating to the BackupBob
Services supplied under this Agreement, whether imposed by statute or operation
of law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions
including, without limitation, the implied warranty of satisfactory quality and
fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded to the extent applicable under
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Our liability for death or personal
injury resulting from Our negligence.
- Our total aggregate liability to you for any claim in contract, tort, negligence
or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the provision of the BackupBob
Services shall be limited to the charges paid by you in respect of the services
which are the subject of any such claim.
Specifically, our total aggregate liability to you for any such claims as the aforementioned
shall be limited to the amount paid for the current service period (year, quarter,
month etc.) no matter the lenght of your membership.
- In any event no claim shall be brought unless you have notified Us of the claim
within one month of it arising.
- In no event shall We be liable to you for any loss of business, contracts, profits
or anticipated savings or for any other indirect or consequential or economic loss
- Any forbearance or failure by Us to enforce a provision to which you are subject
shall not affect Our right to require such performance at any subsequent time, nor
shall the waiver or forbearance by Us of any breach of any provisions of the agreement
herein be taken to be or held to be a waiver of the provision or provisions itself
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Danish law
and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Danish courts.
- Headings are included in this Agreement for convenience only and shall not affect
the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement
- These terms and conditions together with any documents expressly referred to in
them, contain the entire Agreement between Us relating to the subject matter covered
and supersede any previous Agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals,
written or oral: between Us in relation to such matters.
No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall alter the interpretation
of these terms and conditions.
In agreeing to this Agreement, you confirm that you have not relied on any representation
other than those expressly stated in this Agreement and you agree that you shall
have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not been made expressly
in this Agreement.
Date Last Modified
These Terms of Service were last modified May 26, 2011.